Join the Macmillan Coffee Morning with NESCAFÉ
The first Macmillan Coffee Morning was held way back in 1990 and since then the event has continued to grow in popularity. Coffee Morning is Macmillan’s largest fundraising event and in 2019 raised an incredible £27.5 million for Macmillan.
Having a Coffee Morning is the perfect chance to catch up over a cuppa and a slice of something delicious for a great cause and that’s where you come in! You can host your very own Macmillan Coffee Morning, with the help of NESCAFÉ Original. Now, more than ever, it has never been more important to come together and do what we can to help others.
Not only do we have a range of delicious NESCAFÉ Original coffees to serve at your Coffee Morning, whether it’s whilst socially distancing or virtually, we have lots of tips and some recipes to ensure yours runs smoothly.
What to serve at your Coffee Morning
Whatever kind of Coffee Morning you are hosting, it would not be complete without a range of coffees. Our Original range has something for everyone, from rich and full-bodied coffees, such as the NESCAFÉ Original, to something smoother and more mild, like the NESCAFÉ Fine Blend. Or if you know your guests prefer something richer, why not serve up some NESCAFÉ Black Roast? And of course, for those who prefer a decaf coffee, you can’t go wrong with our trusted NESCAFÉ Original Decaff.
A slice of cake is delicious alongside a cup of coffee. We recommend providing a variety of cakes and sweets for your guests to enjoy. To get you started, we have a few recipes for you to try:
- Coffee Muffins with Streusel Topping – these yummy coffee muffins are topped with a crunchy crumble made of hazelnuts & spiced with cinnamon. They really are a guest pleaser.
- Coffee and Banana Smoothie – maybe your guest would prefer a morning smoothie? Made with fresh Greek yogurt & sweetened with a little honey and NESCAFÉ Original, shake it up with this delicious smoothie.
- Chocolate Orange Cappuccino – a hug in a mug, this delicious cappuccino drink is made with a chocolate orange flavour and NESCAFÉ Original Decaff; a sure-fire crowd pleaser!
Coffee Muffins with Streusel Topping
SWEET AND CRUNCHY
Coffee and Banana Smoothie
FRESH AND SWEET
Chocolate Orange Cappuccino
RICH AND FROTHY
Hosting a Coffee Morning
This year you have the option of a socially distanced Coffee Morning or a virtual Coffee Morning. Sign up and Macmillan will send you your fundraising pack. The official date for the Coffee Morning is Friday 25 September, but you can host your event whenever suits you best.
When hosting a Coffee Morning, you need to choose a date and where it will take place. Will this be in your garden at a social distance? On your street for your neighbours to join in? Or virtually? Once this is decided, you need to spread the word far and wide. Now that’s all done, the fun planning can begin!
How to host a socially distanced Coffee Morning
If you’re hosting a socially distanced Coffee Morning, it is important to ensure the safety of your guests. For up to date guidance and top tips please visit Macmillan’s website.
How to host a virtual Coffee Morning
If you or friends or family are shielding, you can still join in with a virtual Coffee Morning. Whilst you may think it won’t be the same, there are plenty of things you can try to not miss out on any of the fun:
- Share some recipes beforehand so you can all bake the same cakes, or drop off some baked treats beforehand
- Play some online games such as a murder mystery
- Do a quiz
- Have a theme