Although many are often confused about what a mocha coffee actually is, the chocolatey goodness means the mocha is just too hard to resist. This indulgent treat pairs coffee and chocolate, a dreamy coupling and is topped with whipped cream. Read on to learn how to make a mocha at home.
How To Make a Mocha at Home
Don't worry, you don't need any fancy equipment to learn how to make a mocha coffee at home. You don't even need a coffee machine. So, it's never been easier to have the coffee shop experience at home.
- Your favourite strong instant coffee (we recommend NESCAFÉ GOLD Espresso)
- Milk or milk alternative (to taste)
- Sugar (to taste)
- Drinking chocolate or cocoa powder
- Cream for topping (optional)
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Boil a cup of water in your kettle and add 2 teaspoons of your chosen instant coffee to your cup. If you have sugar in your coffee, add it to taste here.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of drinking chocolate or cocoa powder to your coffee.
- Add about 35ml of freshly boiled (not boiling) water to your instant coffee.
- Next, it’s time to steam the milk. Measure out 250ml of milk.
- Then grab a saucepan and your thermometer, add the measured amount of milk and then heat it slowly on a medium heat, stirring from time to time to ensure it doesn’t boil. If you’re using dairy milk, it will need to reach 65°C, 60°C for soy or 54°C for almond.
- Once the milk is steamed, pour it over the chocolate and coffee mix.
- Add whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles if you wish.
NESCAFÉ GOLD Frothy Coffee range
Of course, we understand you might not always have the time to whip up a hot drink from scratch if you’re on your way out or have unexpected guests. Why not indulge in NESCAFÉ GOLD Double Choc Mocha? Simply add hot water and your drink is ready in an instant.
Now you know how to make a mocha, why not learn how to make a cappuccino at home too?