NESCAFÉ and Last Mile Delivery
What is last mile delivery?
Last mile delivery is one of the many things to have emerged in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and one we’re likely going to see remain as part of the new normal. With shop visits becoming out of the question for many and traditional online grocery retailer shopping slots more akin to gold dust, it was recognised that there was a real need for on-demand groceries that could be delivered quickly, which is where last mile delivery came in. This new service allows for groceries to be delivered in as little as 2 hours (30 minutes in some cases, depending on the provider and your location), giving you much faster windows than those of traditional online grocery retailers.
What’s more, last mile delivery service allows you to ‘shop around’ your local area, all from the comfort of your own home. You can combine on-demand grocery orders with or without meal boxes, takeaways from a variety of well-known and independent restaurants, convenience stories, petrol forecourts and grocery retailers from within your postcode.
Who are the last mile delivery providers?
With on-demand groceries on the rise, there are more and more last mile delivery providers cropping up all the time. A few of the ones we work with at NESCAFÉ are:
What you need to know
Of course, there are a few things you’ll need to be aware of with last mile delivery, including but not limited to:
- Small baskets only: there will usually be a limit of between 20-25 items
- Products need to be available in the local store
- There will usually be a delivery charge of around £5 per order
- The range available is determined by the retailers so you won’t always be able to get what you’re looking for
- Retail/resale pricing is at the sole discretion of the retailer/reseller
- Sometimes there will be a substitution price promise so you’ll be offered an alternative if your chosen product isn’t available
- Product ranges can change so expect to see new products and seasonal ranges popping up from time to time.
- Only available in certain areas – usually larger cities and towns
What NESCAFÉ products are available to order?
There’s nothing worse than running out of your favourite coffee, but luckily, you’ll be able to find most of your favourite NESCAFÉ products on offer from these last mile delivery providers, with more availability and choice coming over the coming months. So, whether you love to sip the unmistakeable flavour of NESCAFÉ Original, or the smooth and rich taste of NESCAFÉ GOLD BLEND, or the irresistible velvety crema of NESCAFÉ AZERA Americano, you’ll be able to enjoy the NESCAFÉ instant coffees you love in as little as 60 minutes.
Now all that’s left to do is get downloading the apps, browse the wide offering of NESCAFÉ coffees available and try out ordering for yourself!
Why not browse our full range of NESCAFÉ coffees to see what you’d like to order with your first last mile delivery?