How To Make a Latte at Home
A latte is a universally beloved coffee drink and one that’s consistently ordered throughout coffee shops all over the country. It’s no wonder either as it’s incredibly versatile and can come in just about any flavour variant, from vanilla to the more extravagant such as praline or toffee nut.
There are many that think this deliciously creamy beverage is exclusively a coffee shop treat, but it’s actually very simple to make at home and can even be done without a coffee machine! Keep reading to find out how to make a latte at home with our straightforward guide.
How to Make a Latte
Whether you’re looking to make a latte as a simple treat or want to impress visiting guests, it’s super easy to make a latte at home. Simply follow our steps to enjoy a wonderfully creamy beverage, using ingredients you’ll likely find in your own cupboard!
- Make your strongly brewed instant coffee in a tall latte glass.
- If you’re adding sugar or syrup, add it to your coffee mixture and then set it aside for a moment.
- Next, you need to steam your milk. Grab a saucepan and your thermometer, add the milk and then heat it slowly on a medium heat, stirring from time to time to ensure it doesn’t boil. If you’re using dairy milk it will need to reach 65°C, 60°C for soy or 54°C for almond.
- Now you’ve steamed your milk, you’ll need to froth it! Choose from the two options listed below to froth your milk.
- Finally, add the milk to your latte glass and then all that’s left to do is enjoy!
How to froth milk with a milk frothing wand:
- Leave the milk in the pan and then place the frothing wand so it’s half way into the milk.
- Turn on your frothing wand and pull it toward the surface of the milk slowly, then lower it down to the middle again, continue this process for around 30 to 45 seconds, or until the milk’s nice and foamy.
How to froth milk without a milk frothing wand:
- If you don’t have a frothing wand, then there’s no need to worry! You can do it in the microwave too. Grab a jar (jam jars are best) and fill it around half way with milk and screw the lid on.
- Once you’ve done this, carefully give it a good shake until the milk’s frothy.
- Then, remove the lid carefully and put it in the microwave to heat for 30 seconds, uncovered.
NESCAFÉ GOLD Frothy Coffee range
Now you know how to make a latte at home, why not try something from our NESCAFÉ GOLD Frothy Coffee range? These wonderfully foamy treats just require you to add water and stir, allowing you to enjoy a coffee shop style latte in moments. What’s more, we also have a huge range of flavours for you to try, from fan favourites caramel or vanilla to the more adventurous, Irish latte. The hardest part of the whole process will be choosing which one to try first!