How To Make an Iced Coffee at Home
When the sun is shining, there’s nothing better than cooling down with a delicious iced coffee. It’s the perfect way for you to get your daily coffee fix, all while having a refreshing treat too.
For those of you who prefer their coffee chilled, it’s likely that you’ll fork out countless pounds on expensive coffee shop versions, but it’s actually super simple to make iced coffee at home! We’ve put together this iced coffee recipe using your favourite instant NESCAFÉ coffee so you can learn how to make an iced coffee and enjoy this wonderfully refreshing beverage at home, whenever you fancy it.
Iced Coffee Recipe
Our iced coffee recipe is really straightforward and it’s likely you’ll already have all these ingredients at home already! Just simply follow the steps below to enjoy a delicious iced coffee at home.
- 2 tsps of your favourite NESCAFÉ instant coffee (we like NESCAFÉ Azera Espresso for making our iced coffee recipe as the fine powder allows it to blend perfectly)
- 200ml hot water
- 50ml milk or milk alternative
- Syrup or sugar (to taste)
- Boil 200ml of water, once it is freshly boiled (not boiling) pour it into your cup
- Add 2 tsps of your favourite NESCAFÉ instant coffee to the water
- Add in sugar or syrup to the mix, depending on your personal taste
- Let the coffee mixture cool, you can either do this by leaving it on the kitchen counter to cool to room temperature or you can pop it in the fridge for a few hours if you want your coffee extra cold
- Once it’s room temperature – or cold depending on your preference, add in around 50ml milk or milk alternative, alternatively if you’d prefer your coffee black, skip this step
- Fill the rest of the glass with ice
- Sit back and enjoy!
Top tip, if you don’t want your iced coffee to dilute as the ice cubes melt, use ice cubes made from coffee instead.
If you want to enjoy your iced coffee at home first thing in the morning, we suggest making the coffee the night before and allowing it to chill in the fridge overnight. That way, come morning you’ll have a perfectly chilled picked me up to start the day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is iced coffee just cold coffee?
Yes, precisely! The only difference is that iced coffee is made directly with cold water, instead of boiling your kettle first. While the ingredients are the same as a normal cup of coffee (coffee granules and water), you can add ice cubes, chilled milk, or whipped cream to flavour it with your personal style. It’s not the same as making a hot cup of NESCAFÉ and letting it cool – it’s about getting instant ice-cold refreshment from your favourite NESCAFÉ.
How to make froth in the iced coffee?
There are many ways to make froth for coffee, iced or hot. Use a whisk, an electric mixer, a coffee plunger, or a frothing machine to get your milk frothy and velvety.
Note: Cows’ milk froths better than plant-based alternatives.
Which flavours make the best iced coffee?
Coffee is a versatile drink that works well with lots of different flavours. A good place to start would be with hazelnut, chocolate, or toffee flavours. It's easy to find sugar-free flavoured syrups to add to your iced coffee.