How To Make an Irish Coffee at Home
Irish coffee is a delicious, sweetened coffee cocktail that is sure to warm you right through. Read on to learn how to make an Irish coffee from the comforts of your own home. And don’t worry, you don’t need any special equipment.
How to Make an Irish Coffee
With only four main ingredients, you'd think it would be easy to make, but you might be surprised to see just how many people get it wrong! The ingredients need to be of a high-quality and you must pay close attention to get it just right. But, don't worry, in just 9 quick and easy steps, you'll feel like Joe Sheridan himself (the creator of the Irish coffee).
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of double cream and then lightly whisk it until it has slightly thickened but can still be poured.
- When the cream has thickened, set it aside for a moment.
- Add 150ml freshly boiled (not boiling) water to your heatproof coffee glass and let it sit for a minute.
- Then, add 2 teaspoons of your instant coffee to the water.
- Next, add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and pour 50ml of Irish whiskey.
- Stir until the sugar and coffee has dissolved.
- Get the cream again, and turn a spoon upside down and place the tip of the spoon inside the coffee glass just on top of the coffee, making sure that the edge of the spoon touches the glass.
- Now, slowly pour the whipped cream over the spoon. It should flow over the top of the spoon and land gently on top of the coffee. Tip: pouring the cream slowly will help prevent it from sinking into the coffee.
- Sprinkle some grated nutmeg on the top of the cream and serve immediately.
That’s how to make an Irish coffee, in just 9 quick and easy steps! Of course, we understand you may not always have the time to prepare an Irish coffee from scratch, so why not try our NESCAFÉ GOLD Irish Latte? Simply add hot water and you’re ready to go.
Now you know how to make an Irish coffee, why not learn how to make a latte at home?