There are three easy ways to steam milk at home, and not all of them require fancy equipment.
1. Pop your milk in a microwave-safe container or bowl.
2. Heat the milk for around 20-30 seconds
3. Check the temperature of your milk (if you have a thermometer) the milk should be 65 degrees Celsius. (If the milk is too cold, microwave for another 10 seconds)
4. Pour the steamed milk into your freshly brewed coffee
1. Pop your milk into a small saucepan, and place on medium heat.
2. Stir the milk gently until it reaches the optimal temperature. (65 degrees Celsius) This could take around 2-3 minutes.
3. Once the milk has come to the desired temperature, pour it into your coffee.
1. Fill up your jar with ¼ of your milk of choice.
2. Pop the jar in the microwave and heat for around 20-30 seconds.
3. Check the temperature of the milk, it should be 65 degrees Celsius.
4. Once the milk has reached temperature, shake the jar until the milk has the desired amount of froth.
5. Once you have achieved this, pour it into your coffee!
Want to make sure you are making the most of your at-home cortado? Why not try making it with the NESCAFÉ GOLD BLEND instant espresso? It is a strong-tasting, rich and aromatic coffee which promises great lasting flavour for all coffee moments. Make your homemade cortado the feature of your dinner party with the help of NESCAFÉ.
There you have it, that is the end of our guide on how to make a cortado coffee at home. If you want to up your barista skills, why not take a look at how to make a latte at home, next?